11.20.2013

MangiaMore: CORN chowder


RER 11.13.13
It is once again soup season. The cold weather always seems to sneak up on us, and the chill gets into our bones (yeah, dramatic, I know, but it is really super cold out there). And what better to warm the soul than a delicious “meal” of soup (meal is in quotes because I can not really ever justify a bowl of soup as a meal, as I have said before). 
 
RER 11.13.13
RER 11.13.13
RER 11.13.13
RER 11.13.13
But this corn chowder happens to be one of my favorite things. It brings me back to childhood-- the four of us sitting around the table, fighting for the crunchy fat pieces that had been rendered in the deep soup pot. The sweetness of the corn and cream, marries nicely with the meaty fatty pieces, and the crisp freshness of the red pepper, all soaked up by the soft starchy potatoes. This combination always ignites happiness in my belly, and a kind of comfort I do not necessarily want to find in soup.
 
RER 11.13.13
RER 11.13.13
RER 11.13.13
RER 11.13.13
Check out the recipe and make it soon! It’s delicious, perfect, balanced, and warm (key word)! What are your cold weather, warm meal go-to's? Winter always feels like the longest season so I need your suggestions!
RER
11.13.13
RER 11.13.13

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

food for thought...